Thursday, February 12, 2009

The "unforced rhythms of grace"

Taken from my deliberatePeople journal entry of 1/16/06:
(Writing as a prayer to my "Abba" -- which is the Aramaic word for Daddy, and one we can use in addressing our Heavenly Father, according to Mark 14:36, Romans 8:15, and Galatians 4:6.)

Abba, thank You that You're teaching me about the "unforced rhythms of grace," as The Message puts it. I know I have such a long way to go, such a lot to learn still. But I've come a pretty good distance already and I am so grateful for that!

Thank You, Jesus, that Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light (Matt. 11:28-30)! Sometimes I get to thinking that being a Christian is so hard, that dying to self is so painful, that the whole road is so long and full of steep climbs and difficult stretches. But when I stop and remember that You are on this road with me, helping me, communing with me, even carrying me sometimes, well, I wouldn't trade it for all the smooth, flat, wide, "easy" roads in the world!

So thank You for Your grace! Thank You that I don't have to bring a report card with me for entry into the Kingdom. Thank You that my works are filthy rags and that it's all about the ticket You bought for me with Your blood, Jesus. Thank You that all I have to do is accept the ticket and I don't even have to worry about losing it! It's permanently engraved on my heart and in Your Book of Life!

So take my heart, my life, today, Abba. I want what You want for me. Please help me remove the veil of self-centeredness so I can see what that is.

I love You!

No comments: